A Spacious Residential Care Home with Lovely Features
Along with our competitive care home costs, Avenue House has much to offer our elderly residents. We have:
- 45 beds in total, mainly in single rooms but with some twin rooms for residents who prefer companionship. This means Avenue House still feels like a home rather than a care facility like many larger homes. It also means our manager knows all her residents extremely well
- Attractive and spacious bedrooms that you can personalise, so it can feel like a home-from-home very quickly, enabling you to settle in well
- All rooms have en-suite facilities, some with baths
- The majority of rooms are on the ground floor bedrooms looking out onto attractive gardens
- A 24-hour call facility in every room provides the reassurance to make you feel safe and secure
- A television point in every bedroom so you have the freedom to watch what you want, when you want
- All furniture and furnishings are provided, though we encourage you to bring anything you would like with you to personalise your room as much as possible and help you feel completely at home
- Spacious, comfortable residents’ lounges and dining areas
- Library room with a varied selection of books
- Three well maintained garden areas where you can sit out and enjoy the gardens and the weather
- High speed broadband available throughout the home via WiFi
- Several assisted bathrooms and toilets in addition to all residents’ personal bathroom facilities
- A passenger lift to access the first floor
- Ample car parking, including four rapid electric vehicle charging points, for when your family and friends come to visit
Additionally, we can arrange for:
- Visits from GPs, opticians, physiotherapists, chiropodists, dentists, occupational therapists and members of all denominations of the clergy
- Hairdressing service
- Daily delivery of newspapers and magazines
- The provision of personal telephone lines
- Satellite television
If there are any additional requirements you need that are not mentioned here, we can discuss them when you come for an initial visit.
Residential Care Home Fees
At Avenue House we have rooms which are suitable for both privately funded residents and residents to be funded by social services. Some of the larger social services rooms may require a modest top-up payment from family or friends depending on the care needs of the resident.
We aim to be totally upfront and transparent about all our care home costs and fees, and to provide the highest standards of care whatever fees are paid.
To be eligible for your local authority to pay elderly care fees, the resident must not have savings of over £23,250 (2019). In addition, the local authority will generally require a contribution towards the care home costs they fund from the resident’s income and resources. If a resident has a property to sell they are generally eligible for a 12 week period of disregard from the local authority, which can be further extended to cover the period up until the house sale is completed. (This means the council will pay for the initial 12 weeks to give time for the property to sell, and then the monies need to be re-paid to the council). Further information can be obtained from your local authority and there is a useful guide produced by Age UK here.
Residents’ and Third Party Terms and Conditions
As well as being totally transparent about our fees, we believe in being totally clear about our Terms and Conditions, and therefore request that these are read and agreed to before our residents move in. These Terms and Conditions provide many important protections for our residents and their next of kin.